What’s Your Everest? The Mental and Physical Sides of Injury…Post-40 with Joseph Alleva, M.D. and Karla Steingraber, Psy.D.
Joe is a physiatrist with North Shore University Health System, and also a competitive Jiu Jitsu athlete. Karla and Joe talk about the physical demands of intensive training post 50, as well as the mental side of preparing for competition, remaining confident, even against younger competitors.
- A physiatrist focuses on physical medicine and rehabilitation
- He’s been competitive since he was 6–karate, boxing, jiu jitsu and more
- Fighting strategically is a benefit of aging, and can help give an advantage when fighting younger oponents
- What it looks like to incorporate competitive sports into your day-to-day life
- How to get mentally psyched for an extreme level of competition (what’s your Mental Game?)
Watch the Replay
Find Dr. Joseph Alleva at North Shore community health system. Find Dr. Karla Steingraber at EverestStrongCoaching.com